12 of 12

Chad Darnell has started an interesting project over on his blog. The idea is that on the twelfth of each month people around the world take 12 photographs of their day to day activities and post them to the web. He keeps a collection of links to the various entries here. Earlier this week I invested in a brand spanking new digital camera in preparation for taking portfolio shots while I'm away this summer, so I decided to participate.

Here's a little of what my day looked like.

I pass this every morning on my way to the subway. I've always been attracted to the colors of it, the sign and the old shoe shine stand. As soon as I decided to do this project I knew that this would be one of the first things I'd shoot.


This week I'm working on a series of illustrations for a theatre in Connecticut's season brochure. This photo will be reworked as part of a computer collage for the show "Restoration Comedy." I borrowed the costume, (and the girl!) from the costume shop of a theatre that I've worked for here in the city.


I took a walk down 8th avenue after the photo shoot in the costume shop.


I stopped off at one of my favorite Japanese stores for a snack. (Not these fish, but I thought they made an interesting photo!)


Waiting for the A train at 42nd street. There's always half a dozen E's before an A shows up.


Isn't my street pretty with the leaves on the trees? All of these had white flowers on them a week or so ago.


Home again, home again.


Not exactly the healthiest of meals, I know, but it was tasty, and it was what I was craving.


A little work on the brochure's cover. See Chad's blog on the window underneath photoshop?


Roommate M and I settle in for an evening of DVDs. The laptops are never very far away.


The sun goes down on my neighborhood. Sorry for the blurriness, I'm still learning how this camera responds.


My last act of the night, getting the sketchbook out to scan today's Subway Sketch and get it ready for posting.

3 Response to "12 of 12"

  • Funky Finds Says:

    Great pics. I visitied NY in Dec. for the first time & fell in love with the city. So exciting! And your street looks like it's straight out of Sex & the City! Lovely :)


  • Anonymous Says:

    drinking out of a jar...i love you! p.s. - carl buddig has come out with new packaging...more ounces of lunch meat in a plastic bowl with a resealable lid. for those of you thinking of trying the carl buddig...it's better with duke's mayo!!!


  • Anonymous Says:

    dude if your going to post pics of me on the net then go ahead and use my first name!