October 12 of 12

Time once again for the 12 of 12, 12 photos to document my day on the 12th. This is based on an idea by Chad Darnell, and you can see other entries here.

I stayed over at Kid Flash's place last night, which of course means it was an early morning. (Not only is he an "early to bed early to rise" type of guy but he's much more responsible about about actually getting to his office by 9 instead of 9:30 which when I usually show up.)

KF's building super fancies himself a bit of a photographer and has filled the halls with large scale prints of photos from around the city, the Little Red Light House, Times Square, etc. but for some reason this one popped into the mix a few months ago. I don't get it.

My new work space. Since I went full time I got to move away from the awkward space I was working in before, (see it here, from July's 12 of 12.) Right now I'm working on a redesign of the set for a cable network in Washington DC that is about to go basic cable nation wide.

Lunchtime! This is Rainbow Falafel, one of the most famous falafel places in NYC. It is literally the size of a walk-in closet from anywhere else in America. Great falafel though.

After lunch I sort through the sample boxes looking for the right materials for my set. 3-form makes some AMAZING materials that are gonna look great on this set.

On the way home after work. The platform was abandoned but the train was packed for some reason. Bizarre.

Ted wouldn't sit still very long for me to take a decent shot of him. He's settling in very well and seems happy. He's finally stopped eating every single shred of food the second it gets put out, so I think he's finally past the street logic of finding food. It's good. He ate so much the first day he was here that he made himself sick. Twice.

I'm was hoping to get this cache placed on Saturday, but alas it wasn't to be. I found a couple good hiding spots, but it's going to take another day of work to get it placed for good.

On the way out to meet KF I finally managed to get a shot of Ted all settled in and sitting still. Isn't he the cutest kitty ever? None of these shots manage to show it but he's really a tabby, just with black on black stripes. When he is in sunlight you can suddenly see stripes all along his side.

I met KF and his best friend for some wine. That's my new iPod Touch on the counter. I LOVE it.

As part of his marathon training KF is running 22 miles on Saturday so we also stopped by a pasta place in his neighborhood to get him a high carb dinner.

Remember I told you that he was an "early to bed" type? Well... I'm off to bed too. Yes, that clock say 9:53.

4 Response to "October 12 of 12"

  • Poun Says:

    OMG new iPod...cool !!!
    i found it weird too when the train is packed while you were pretty much alone on the platform...i guess earlier platforms weren't that empty ;-)


  • Zippy Says:

    There is definitely no rhyme or reason to the NYC subway system.

    Your kitty is beautiful!

    In that restaurant picture, the way the lights are reminded me of "beaming in" on Star Trek - doesn't it look like three figures beaming into the frame? Or am I insane?


  • catie Says:

    Who doesn't love Hooter's girls? Maybe the landlord thinks they are iconic, weird.

    Cute Kitty!


  • Anonymous Says:

    Awesome pics! Yeah...I love the mysteries of the subway. My favorite is when there's "traffic" on 6th Avenue lines so they reroute them onto the 8th Avenue lines...causing traffic there. And then they tell you every couple of minutes why you're sitting in the middle of the tunnel where no one could get on. LOL.