Subway Sketches Part CVII


2 Response to "Subway Sketches Part CVII"

  • Terri Says:

    Hiya Cully! I was hoping you'd have some new work up tonight. :o) These are terrific as always. I'm never disappointed. I was looking at them and wondering what it was that gave them all that distinct 'Cully' style... I think it's your strong and bold line work. It is very individual. I think you have a definite style...do you think you do? :o)


  • Cully Says:

    Thanks Terri! Yes, I have a style that has been developing for a while now. I incorporate a lot of influences: animation, comic books (which isn't to some people's liking, see comments here) my favorite illustrators and dozens of other things. I was just looking back at some old art school sketchbooks and seeing some things there that look like my work now, over 15 years later.

    Part of what you might be seeing is the media, 100+ drawings in the same media by the same person are bound to have SOME similarities after all.

    There are certain stylistic things that I use a lot though: a slightly geometric quality to the curves, a strong edge or outline with finer internal detailing...

    Thanks again for your compliments!