Nov 12 of 12

It's the 12th (sort of) so, time again for Chad Darnell's 12 of 12. !2 photos to photo document the 12th day of the month. View all the participants here.

This morning I was greeted by this. The management company of my building loves to refer to the building as a "living gallery." The halls are full of... we'll let's be charitable and call it art. A lot of it is portrait photography of the people who live there, most of which is fine. But there is the random Elvis poster, or scary "inspirational image" that seemingly came from a thrift store, and gets thrown onto the walls. Our hall, the last curve of the top floor seems to get the oddest of the lot. Here's a bonus close up of what these actually are:

Charming, huh? 5 shots of a striper in on an acid trip... I have no idea what these are supposed to be, how they are considered appropriate for the building.

At work, it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. We're doing a dozen display trees for a major retailer, and the whole studio is swamped with boxes of ornaments. My favorite part is that this is a high end retailer that we are working for, someone who is the very heart and soul of Christmas in New York City, and all th eornaments came from Sam's Club and K-Mart.

It amuses me.
On my lunch break I ran down to the floral district to gran some stuff for the second half of my day. These stores are literally packed to the rafters and are tiny to begin with. They are fun to shop in though, you never know what you will find.

On the way to rehearsal.

At the theatre, my second job for the day. This was the state of the set at about 5:30, when I arrived.

While rehearsal is going on I am haunting the local dollar stores and discount places looking for some snowflakes to use on the set.

Rehearsal in full swing.

After rehearsal the crew attacks the painting that needs to get done. The set is in pretty decent shape, but we open on Saturday and there is still quite a bit to get accomplished.

More painting. I'm glad I'm not doing all this alone.

While the paint is drying I am doing the set dressing on the various units.

At the end of the night (or the beginning of the morning, depending on how you look at it) this is one side of the revolving flats.

And this is the other. Whew! I did a lot of work. I won't tell you what time of the morning this actually is... just suffice to say that it isn't the 12th anymore by this time, technically.

See you next month!!

1 Response to "Nov 12 of 12"