November 12 of 12

It's the 12th, of course, so that means it's time for Chad Darnell's 12 of 12, 12 photos to document the 12th of each month. Go here to see the other participants.

I am working in a scene shop upstate this week, painting a set that my boss designed. I was supposed to be at Grand Central to get on the train at 7:38. Kid Flash and I woke up at 7:10. There was NO way that I was making it to Grand Central in time, instead I ran down to the street and grabbed a gypsy cab and hoofed it to the 125th St. stop on MetroNorth. The train wasn't scheduled to make it there until 7:49. I made it with about 7 minutes to spare.

On the platform waiting for my train. The 125th St. stop is an elevated platform so it provides a pretty nice city view.

An hour and a half later I'm 75 miles up the Hudson with a much different view. It's pretty overcast and dreary, but it's still pretty. The whole Hudson Valley is amazing, you can really see how it inspired a whole school of artists.

So this is what I worked on all day. The set is pretty dark, with just some washes of color the make the shapes pop, not the most challenging paint job, but still it got me out of the office and away from my computer for a day (a couple days... I'll be there all week) and that's a good thing.

The paint shop floor. This is pretty much all I saw all day, it doesn't really make for an exciting 12, but... one does what one can.

The scenery in the opposite direction as I wait for my 3:50 train back to NYC. The Hudson is behind me here.

Home again, home again. I could have gotten off at 125th, but I wanted the chance to show off one of my favorite places in the city. I hope it won't be viewed as unpatriotic or whatever... but I'll be happy when they finally decided to take that flag down and quit marring the view in Grand Central.

A little something different for my subway shot this month (I try to include subway shot every month.) The tunnels under Grand Central are some of the busiest for the subway performers. I counted 5 different sanctioned acts, and 2 unsanctioned ones. This is one of the sanctioned, you can tell by the banner behind her, provided by the city.

I stopped by the grocery store to pick up some supplies for dinner and I noticed this little guy fluttering around the frozen foods section. Why do birds come into buildings?

The beginnings of dinner. 3 ingredients, asparagus, egg noodles and Parmesan. Quick, easy and ready to go. (Well... I also add butter and salt and pepper... so 6 ingredients I guess...)

The finished product, in my favorite Fiestaware bowl.

And I'll sneak in a shot of my kitty Ted. He's recovered nicely from his snip-snip operation last Tuesday and is once again king of his tiny domain. Isn't his collar cute? He gained about 2 pounds in the month and a half since he's been here and he's getting pretty big.

Tomorrow it's bag upstate for some more painting... see you next month!

5 Response to "November 12 of 12"