It's My Party

Last week was my birthday. Frankly it's been a rotten week, I was working a job that was kicking my ass, including two 24 hour days and a weekend full of hour and a half train rides to Coney Island to the worksite. It was a mess.

Saturday Kid Flash had a little party for me, inviting a mixture of his friends and mine. He made homemade pizza, (delicious as always), and he even had sausage for one of the pizzas, even though he is a strict vegetarian. He also made a homemade lemon cake that was phenomenal. It was full of lemon curd, in the batter, in the frosting, and spread between the four layers. Tasty, tasy, tasty. Those are also daffodils on the table, my favorite flower. (Ain't he sweet?)

Even though I had been awake for 36 hours prior to the party I managed to keep my head out of my plate (I took a small nap before the party, I admit) and I had a great time. I got some fun gifts including some hand made stationary from KF's brother, and a new digital camera, probably to make up for the fact that I keep borrowing his for my 12 of 12 every month. It was an awesome birthday, and I had a great time. It really made up for the crappy week I had coming into things.

(Speaking of my crappy week, check my post at Metblogs about one of the worst subway rides I've ever been on.)

3 Response to "It's My Party"

  • Anonymous Says:

    Hey it was great reading through your post...and sounds like you had a great time as well...and hey i'd also like you to drop by my blog on Birthday Celebrations sometime and check out all that i've posted there...i'm sure you'll enjoy your visit!!!


  • Anonymous Says:

    I'm so sorry I missed it.

    Next year, I promise.

    Maybe I actually get to me Kid Flash before then.

    Love you, Love your blog, Love your book!


  • Anonymous Says:

    You need to edit that post.

    It should read:

    Maybe I'll actually get to meet Kid Flash before then.