February 12 of 12

It's the twelfth and that means that it's time for the 12 of 12, a photo project started by Chad Darnell, for the other participants check his blog.

First thing this morning Ted wanted to check the Metro website to see if my article had been published. (He also checked his email and checked in with his friends at Cute Overload.)

I got to the office without having actually seen a hardcopy of the article. The other designers sent me back out to find copies for them (and to mail to my mom in one designer's estimation), obviously I found some.

A bit of coffee to warm up. It was bitter cold this morning, after being in the sixties over the weekend.

I've discovered the that useless cover that came with my Wacom tablet actually DOES have a decent use: to prop up my iPod.

My new office decor. The Dolly pictures came out of an archive drawer last week. It seems the company had done project for Dollywood awhile back and had the pictures as reference. The designer who was cleaning out the drawer handed them to me jokingly, unaware of my love (or perhaps obsession) with her. The Lynda Carter pic was added later after I had to prove to another designer how smoking hot she was.

Lunch at Mandler's Sausage Company. Nummy nummy chicken bratwurst and deep fried creamed corn.

While I was out for lunch it started to snow in teeny tiny dry flakes that were blowing all over the place. This is the view from the fire escape in the office where I frequently go to make phone calls.

After work I head over to the Apple store to hopefully discover why after I upgraded to Leopard Mail has stopped attaching pictures or documents to one of my three mail addresses. Turns out that they had no idea either which really seemed to stump them. In the end we had to delete and reload the program in order to get it working again.

Down in the subway on the way home. Up above it is still snowing, much harder than before, and about 2 inches have accumulated. Someone's act of random kindness for today was leaving this little piece of spring behind on the platform. (The sculpture in front is part of Tom Otterness' Life Underground installation.)

On the way home. Snow has gotten a bit thick, but I haven't seen any plows. This is the first significant snowfall that we've had this year. This bus appears to have fishtailed and slid into some parked cars. It was empty now and waiting for help I imagine. Someone who saw me taking the photo told me that it had been there like that for an hour and a half.

A few doors down from my apartment. I've always loved this stoop. Doesn't it look pretty in the snow?

Supper! Leftover potato soup from last night (potatoes, corn and bacon). And that's it... the day is over. Tomorrow I get to face the slushy leftovers of the snow, and probably another bitter day. Blah.

6 Response to "February 12 of 12"

  • Alden Says:

    So many cats in the 12 of 12 world. I would consider one but mom seems to be in training to be one already.

    mmmmm. potato soup. mmmmmmmmmmmmm.


  • AO Says:

    I can't seem to find a contact for you... but I was fowarded to your blog by Ami Plasse who also does subway sketches. I'm starting a collaborative blog for people who sketch on the subway and I was wondering if you're interested.

    You can see some of my sketches on my blog samurabi.blogspot.com or my portfolio website in the sketches section. www.ajanioloye.com. My contact is on my website.


  • Unknown Says:

    Great as always, congrats on the article, and love the stoop shot especially.


  • Lipp Says:

    I dig all the snowy NY pics in this month's '12.


  • Dogeared Says:

    Well done on the article, that's great! And I love the one of Ted checking his email - so cute!

    Helen (Dogeared)


  • Zippy Says:

    Ted is a genius. Don't forget that!

    I love all the black New York cats. Awesome!