Ted Declares War

I haven't done any catablogging in a while so I thought I'd update you.

Ted continues to be happy and healthy and is growing up to be quite a big kitty. His newest wrinkle though... he's declared war.

On toilet paper.

It started innocently enough. He'd unroll a couple feet of TP and roll around in it. Then he discovered that he could sharpen his claws in it so we'd often wake up to a roll with a claw mark or two.

The past few days though, it's been shredding, eating, ripping, clawing, digging, chewing and generally killing. This morning I discovered that he has affectively chewed and clawed a whole side off the roll.

A decision was made to start storing the TP inside the sink, and I went in search today of a new holder that I can mount there. When did TP roll holders become the height of chic? I just want a $5 piece of plastic that I can mount inside my cabinet door with double sided tape, but all I saw in the shops today were $35 piece of brushed aluminum designer swoopy wires that would require quite a bit to attach them to my tile bathroom wall. What is going on in the bathrooms of America that this has become the standard?

2 Response to "Ted Declares War"

  • Anonymous Says:

    His "cousin" Hansa is taking up arms against toilet paper as well, though he hasn't gotten quite as far as Ted. He's still in the stage where he just rolls the entire roll off into the floor!


  • Anonymous Says:

    OMG!

    Joey is doing the same exact thing!

    I had to actually hide the TP otherwise I'd wake up and there would be nothing left for me to use.

    None of my other cats have ever done this, I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

    It like he has a jihad or something - All Toilet Paper Must Die!