Country Livin'

I have arrived at my home for the next three months, a small room underneath the stage right wingspace of the theatre... yes, I sleep under the stage... you have to love small theatres. What can I tell you so far? Not much. Lots of mosquitos, some scary scenery left over from previous seasons, my brand new $200 cell phone gets worse reception than the cheapy free-with-plan cell that I had when I visited the theatre a few weeks back, and no... I haven't successfully gotten my laptop to use it as a modem yet. Right now I am using the wireless access point at the Equity actor housing, which is 8 miles from the theatre itself. I foresee this happening a lot.

Tomorrow starts the day, cleaning my office space so that I can actually begin drafting, sorting through old scenery to see what is useful. I fell better about it all than my friend Shima who is doing the costume designs for the first five shows. She is horrified by the state of the costume shop. I'm sure she'll adjust to it, but unlike me she had not seen the space prior to today so she didn't have the three week lead period of coming to grips with what was coming.

Sometime tomorrow though I will find time for a watercolor sketch. The vista off of the back of the theatre calls out for it.

3 Response to "Country Livin'"