The Top Ten Things

…That I Miss About the City, (That I Never Realized I Would)
10) Bagels
9) The ability to walk to almost any corner of almost any street and get food, or beer.
8) Multicultural faces
7) Starbucks
6) Living and working in two different places
5) Being able to go anywhere, without relying on begging a ride, or borrowing a vehicle
4) Having a reason to have keys in my pocket
3) That the dangers of walking alone somewhere at night do not includes bears
2) Ready and reliable sources of news
1) The distinct lack of bugs


…That I Love About The Country, (That I Had Forgotten Were So Great)
10) Driving
9) Watching deer walk across a field
8) (I apologize in advance for this, but…) Peeing outdoors
7) General wildlife, crickets, hummingbirds, chipmunks…
6) The smell of woodsmoke
5) The sound of rain on a tin roof
4) Watching a massive storm roll in over the tree-line
3) The color of spring leaves against a perfectly clear sky
2) True silence
1) The sheer volume of stars in the sky (Billions, and billions…)

As an interesting aside to these lists: I was sitting on the grounds today sketching and heard a bird that sounded distinctly like a car alarm. It seemed like the perfect synthesis of worlds.

1 Response to "The Top Ten Things"