A Short Play

Dramatis Personae
Equity Actor- A tall and classically handsome man with a shocking resemblance to Clark Kent.
Scenic Designer- A cute (but modest) man with a complete inability to figure out when someone is flirting with him.

The Scene
In line for the dish sink after dinner at a summer stock theatre.


ACT ONE

Scene 1

Equity Actor:
The set looks great.

Scenic Designer:
Thanks! I'm sorry I didn't make it to opening night, I was up until 4 this morning painting that wallpaper pattern so I crashed.

EA:
That's okay, Thanks for all your hard work, I'm sure there are other things you'd rather have been doing at 4am.

SD: I can think of a few...

EA: Well, don't worry, I'm still in town for another week.

SD:
....< blink, blink >...

EA: See you at the party tomorrow?

SD: Uhm, yeah.

THE END

1 Response to "A Short Play"

  • Anonymous Says:

    2 ways to look at this:

    1)my reaction if this is an actual event that took place-

    the fact that i, best friend extraordinaire, read this on your blog instead of getting a cell phone call is unacceptable...i see much sucking up in your future! a blog does not a relationship substitute make.

    2)my reaction if this is an attempt at fictional writing-

    uhhh...sorry. you know how possessive i get over you. (insert southern drawl here) i love you!