Just About There

After several weeks of arguing with the management offices, including a call to 311, things in the apartment are finally shaping up. A maintenance man visited today and installed the carbon monoxide detector, and the smoke alarms, he delivered the mailbox keys, explained why the door buzzer isn't working, and took some pieces from the leaky radiator in the living room to replace them. The landlords have agreed to prorate the days that we spent with no electricity, and the apartment was basically uninhabitable... so life is pretty good. I'm still struggling a bit to cram all of my belongings into a room that is half the size of the one I lived in for the last year, but the good news is that M&K do not mind me putting things into the rest of the house, unlike my former roommate. Her sense of design, and mine were VERY divergent and we never really came to a consensus on how to handle it. The result was that most of my belongings when into my room, unless they were deemed stylish enough to go out into the rest of the apartment. The biggest point of contention being her perception of my geekier belongings. Luckily all three of us are comic book collectors, and geeks in our own way, so neither M or K mind that want my Phoenix statuette on display in the living room.

Ah... home at last.

2 Response to "Just About There"

  • Jefferson Says:

    Congrats!

    But where do y'all keep all those comics?


  • Cully Says:

    Hmmm... well... there's about 12 long boxes worth (that's roughly 350 to 400 comics to those who aren't geeky enough to know) at my mom's... and about 8 more in Connecticut at my best friend's house (Thanks M!)... and 2 here. Those 2 represent what I've bought since moving here in January 2004. I honestly don't know what I'll do with them in the long run. I should really start selling them off. Anybody want to buy a run of the X-Men from roughly 1984 to present?

    Roommate M didn't bring any books with him when he came, I assume they are at HIS mom's... Roommate K only buys collected volumes, so his stuff is more managable. It's still a virtual library in here though.