Southern Culture Triumphant

Finally! A sweet tea that actually tastes like sweet tea. Lipton's products are either too weak, in the case of their Original flavor, or taste too much like fake chemical lemon, in the case of Brisk.

Arizona managed to get the formula just about right... I think it it lacks a little body, mainly because it is made with just black tea and not the orange pekoe and black tea blend that my mom used. Ironically this is the blend that Lipton uses in their tea bags, but I don't think they use it in their own bottled tea products. The Arizona tea tastes more like Tetley, in case any of you sweet tea connoisseurs is curious.

Now, in the course of writing this post, I was planning to segue into discussing Duke's Mayonnaise. Duke's is the ONLY true mayonnaise, and every true southerner will tell you that it is what they serve on their table. For the 5 years that I have been living in the north I have been smuggling Duke's across the Mason-Dixon as it isn't sold up here, or having my mom mail it to me. As I was writing I googled Duke's so that I could provide a link for you poor deprived people who don't live in the south and therefore don't know the glory that is Duke's.

What I've discovered has made my day.

Not only does Duke's have a website, but it includes a history of the product, AND (hold onto your chair Michelle!) a company store where you can mail order their goods.

Life is complete. I can stop bugging my mom to buy me mayonnaise, and I can still eat and die happily.

Thank you Arizona, and thank you Duke's!

7 Response to "Southern Culture Triumphant"

  • Anonymous Says:

    Dukes Rocks. I am a converted Yankee...who awaits shipments of Dukes from the south..!! MMM Yummy!


  • Anonymous Says:

    big girl better leave my mayo alone!

    cully - everyone in the office is laughing at me. i'm more excited about this than going to see dolly parton friday night! i just got a shipment last week from my mother. she sent 3 jars of Dukes and 4 jars of canned green tomatoes...come home, let's cook and get fat together!


  • Dianne Says:

    Mom can probably buy and ship a whole lot cheaper than the Dukes Store. There might even be a loaf of Sunbeam and a couple of home grown tomatoes thrown in for good measure!


  • Cully Says:

    Now you've gone and made me hungry. I was already graving fried green tomatoes thanks to the lyrics of the children's show we are doing, which was obviously written by a southerner. Now this! Thanks!


  • Anonymous Says:

    last night was the first batch of fried green tomatoes from the back yard. i'm so proud of myself. i even went and bought 2 cases of jars to start canning. p.s...don't you need a baseball cap that says "Duke's"? i think i need a t-shirt!


  • Anonymous Says:

    um, southern boy here, and i've never heard of Duke's.


  • Cully Says:

    Texas ISN'T the south Kyle. Texas is Texas. I do suggest you look for it though, maybe while you are in MD.