Things Left Behind, Thing Taken Away

I'm back in the city. I crossed the GWB this afternoon about 12:30.

Back in the mountains I have left my mark with the record setting single most successful show in the history of the theatre. More successful that Fiddler, which is huge in a heavily Jewish community. Some performances were over 100% sold.

I also leave a few beautifully built and designed pieces of stock scenery, that I fully expect will end up onstage there again someday.

A little piece of my heart was already missing when Harp left earlier in the season.

Several of my closest friends among the crew are still there, running the last two weeks of the final show.

Anything else that I may have forgotten there I will retrieve next weekend when I go back for the final load-out and shut down of the theatre.

With me I have literally thousands of digital photos taken by everyone there, not only of the sets and shows, but of the crews and actors. I joked today that between this blog, and the photos (and videos) this has been the most well documented period of my life since childhood.

It should go without saying that I've brought home some beautiful memories, and some new friendships, not to mention some great stories for all of those future days comparing war wounds with other theatre technicians.

It feels... odd to be home. It feels somehow temporary, like that little room back in the mountains is my real home. Of course, it's true that at this point I lived there longer than I lived in my current apartment, so that might be part of it. I am sure it won't take me long to settle in beautifully though. Tomorrow I plan to sleep in until my back aches, and I am driven out of bed by hunger (or maybe the need to pee). Then my life begins again. Resumes and portfolios to get out there, Artistic Directors, and theatre boards to hassle for jobs. My next scheduled show is not until October, so I have a lot of time to fill.

And of course, some Subway Sketches to get going!

2 Response to "Things Left Behind, Thing Taken Away"