Hi-ho, Hi-ho

After two days of calendar juggling and phone calls between three different theatres and producers I am several steps closer to confirming work for the next few months. This is an exciting process for me. Not too long ago I was convinced that the next year was going to be a rough one and that I'd end up temping or worse in the coming months in order to make things happen financially. One of the two jobs that I spoke about yesterday has been confirmed now, and the second is very close. If that job goes through then I will have enough work confirmed to keep me busy through the new year, 5 new shows and 2 new theatres on my resume. The downside, as I said yesterday is that this also means that I'll be in the city for barely a month before I leave again for a 6 week residency in PA. That's almost half the time that I've been away already. While I love the idea of being outside the city, and working in places other than Manhattan this long residency distresses me a little. Being away from home that long keeps me from restablishing my life there. A month in and then a month or more away means that I can't really date or start new patterns of anything. It's rough, but I want and need the work, so it's what I'll do.

1 Response to "Hi-ho, Hi-ho"

  • Anonymous Says:

    congratulations on the job, and if you have to be in bumfuck, Pennsylvania, October and November are as good a time as any to be there (from someone who spent four years of college very near to Boiling Springs). Don't miss the National Apple Harvest Festival in Arendtsville!