A Southern Cornucopia

My mom is visiting and has brought a veritable BOUNTY of southern delicacies that were a huge hit around the theatre tonight. We started with peaches the size of softballs that were so soft and juicy that they melted in your mouth. You definitely required a good hand-washing after eating one. Then came muscadines. Almost no one else here had ever had one but they became an instant hit and went very quickly. Tomorrow I plan to boil up the 10 lbs of raw peanuts she brought for me and I expect that they will go just as quickly. Also in the treasure trove were Duke's mayonnaise, some pralines and several jars of chow-chow but I plan to keep all of those for myself. I really miss southern food, (as anyone who has read me for any amount of time must know) and this was like manna from the gods. Thanks Mom and Bette for the treats!

1 Response to "A Southern Cornucopia"