Reality Vs. Sketch

Here's a little glimpse into what I am doing here and how my job works. This sketch was completed back in April for a meeting with a director. This was the last of several sketches working through the concepts for this show.

About three months later here is the show as it appears onstage, the sketch brought to reality. There were some small changes as you can see, mostly to do with arrangement of platforming. The changes were made because I am using "stock" scenery, stuff that already exists and therefore doesn't impact my budget at all. When I was sketching I had no real idea what sizes and shapes of platforms existed, I just worked of my best guess based on what MOST theatres would have. I also didn't account visually for the band being onstage in my original sketch. I came pretty close though.

2 Response to "Reality Vs. Sketch"