Home Again Home Again

Here I am. In my own bed. In my own apartment. Under my own sheets. I'm incredibly happy to be home, but I'll admit that it's weird. Waiting on the platform for the subway today seemed... odd. As if I was a tourist or something. Part of was that I wasn't wearing my "city drag." My ipod was at home uncharged. My messenger bag was in my apartment full of books I carried home from the forest today. My cell phone was also at home, forgotten because I am out of the habit of needing it after 3 months with no service. On the subway I had no book to read, no book to sketch in, no ipod to listen to... it was an alien experience. I was my summer stock self in my real life world and the fit wasn't right. Tomorrow I go back to the regular world checking for keys, wallet, ipod, cell phone, metro card before I step foot outside the house. Messenger bag full of pens and books over my shoulder. I have a life full of errands to run, and work to catch up on.

I'm so happy to be home.

2 Response to "Home Again Home Again"