Big or Little

At this point I am figuring that the job in PA is a no-go. I'm not sure why, but since I should be several days into the design period at this point and I'm not... well... one has to assume. So, my fabulous several months of not having to worry about job hunting won't be quite as long as I believed. On the plus side finding work right now doesn't seem to be a problem. For instance I spent the last few days in Brooklyn painting miniature buildings for the set of this movie. It's been quite fun actually as it combines two of my favorite things- painting distressed materials and model making. There's a good ten feet of buildings, both sides of the street with a lot of detail. The movie is a stop-motion animation piece so the cameras and the lenses are tiny and will pick up every little piece of information. I can't wait to see! The rest of this week will be spent doing the exact opposite and making giant or oversized replicas of everything from a powder box to a milk carton to a bog of cotton balls. All of this has to be built to the scale of a mouse. Again, kind of fun, don'tcha think?

1 Response to "Big or Little"

  • Anonymous Says:

    What a cool thing to be working on! I love that you got to work on both the miniatures and the "bigatures" (to steal a phrase from LOTR).