Going, Going...

So, after my whining I sucked it up and asked for Friday off. Michael (my boss) had no problem with it at all. So Kid Flash and I are going away this weekend after all. We decided that Washington D.C. was a reasonable destination, and checking the Last Minute Deals on some of the travel websites we discovered that it is basically dirt cheap too. For less that $350 apiece we have what the travel site is referring to as a "Luxury Get Away" in Washington. A king sized bed in a historic hotel that is just a few blocks from the Capitol Building. The hotel looks very cute. It cost us an extra $5o for the weekend, but we decided that if we were going for luxury, we may as well go for luxury, right? And luxury isn't a chain hotel by the airport.

Late Thursday evening we'll be off for a whirlwind adventure. Mostly consisting of museums I'm imagining... I haven't been to D.C. in years, since a student trip in 10th grade actually. I'm excited to see some of the Smithsonian museums, which I've always loved. The last time I was there I neglected a childhood dream of seeing the dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum, instead choosing to see a Superman retrospective at the American History museum. (It was a mental war between two parts of my geek persona, what can I say?) So I'm excited about the possibility of seeing that. The 12 of 12 falls during this trip, so expect to see some photos!

2 Response to "Going, Going..."