Dead, Dead for a Ducat, Dead

Blogging from the display laptops at the Apple store to bring you this news: The previous laptop is officially dead. Seems the hard drive failed, so I am left with the choice of paying just about half the price of a new laptop to repair it, or buying a new one. I have some reservations about the new ones. I don't like the glossy glass screens for one (because they are glossy... and glass.) The old laptop had a good life, it would have been three years old at Christmas, a decent life span for any electronic device, and especially for one that I carry around on an almost daily basis. In all likelihood I will be walking out of here in 15 minutes or so with one of these.

2 Response to "Dead, Dead for a Ducat, Dead"

  • Anonymous Says:

    it's sooooooo pretty...


  • Anonymous Says:

    It's really pretty, but do all Apple laptops die before they're three? This seems to be an awfully common experience. I'd go nuts if my laptops quit so soon! (And I'd be broke, too.)