Aussie Readers

Over on the menu bar at the right, down at the bottom, you'll notice a new addition: a world map that keeps visual track of my visitors, courtesy of Clustr Maps. Neat, huh? Now I can see where all my visitors are coming from.

One interesting pattern that has arisen is the distribution of visitors from Australia, 4 clusters all very even spread along the south east coastline. Is that the basic population distribution of Australia? Or are you guys down under just keeping things aesthetically arranged?

6 Response to "Aussie Readers"

  • Graham McArthur Says:

    Probably about 80% of the country's population is distributed along that area.


  • Cully Says:

    Okay... well, chalk another one up to the American educational system. I knew that most of the population was coastal (or at least towards the coast) and not on the interior, but if you had asked I would have put Sydney on the NW coast, not the SE.


  • Terri Says:

    Geeze Perth would be a bit put out by the thought of having Sydney to their north. LOL. I'm in south-east Queensland, so fit right in to what you map is showing. :o)


  • Cully Says:

    Which dot is you Terri?


  • Penny Says:

    Hi Cully, great sketches as usual. I am with Graham about the middle of the southern coast of Australia, although he is a bit further north than me. South Australia is not as high in population as the east coast, and we head up into the very dry centre. Penny in Victor harbor South Australia


  • Terri Says:

    Cully, I'd say I'm the great big dot second from the top. :o) That looks more like Brisbane, the capital city of Queensland, but Toowoomba where I live is only a 2 hour drive west of Brisbane, so on a map this size, I'm probably included in the data from this area. :o)