12 of 12: Spring Special

It's the 12th and we all know that that means it is time for Chad Darnell's 12 of 12 project. 12 photos on the day of the 12th to document your day.

Outside my apartment this morning I was greeted by a beautiful warm day, and in a nearby patch of greenery... the first sign I've seen of spring! The bulbs have started sprouting and poking their heads out of the dead winter leaves. Yay! Warmth is coming!

On the way to work I stop by a cute little place called "Nana's Treats" to grab something for breakfast. It's tiny. I've seriously had closets larger, but she makes a mean muffin!

On the way to lunch I spot these freaky guys in a shop window. Faceless, eyeless, rolling guys with mechanical hands watching me through binoculars. Grant Morrison couldn't write that shit.

Another sign of spring! The Mr. Softie trucks have started appearing on the streets. Not quite warm enough for me to be tempted to buy anything yet, but I like seeing them there.

My yummy Pad Thai lunch from Lemongrass.

On the way out in the afternoon I swung through the farmers' market in Union Square. Two weeks ago it seemed that all the stalls were selling nothing but apples and winter squash. Now it seems like they are all selling flowers.

I normally take the A home from work but I have a detour planned for the afternoon so I head over to the 6 instead. Lots of great photo possibilities in this station, but here is one that I don't think you could get at any other station in Manhattan.

Wednesday is of course comic book day as well. Normally I'd go to the location of this shop on the other side of town but this one is closer to my path today. Mark is out of town so I bought twice as many books as I usually do because I knew I wouldn't be reading some things until he gets back next week if I didn't. This shop is always virtually empty compared to the other location. It's so much better to buy my books without having to hip-check anybody.

Outside Grand Central I pick up the last clue I need for a Geocache I'm working on (GC161WZ) before heading home. I set myself the goal of clearing every cache on Manhattan before Spring. I have 9 days and 19 caches left, so I have to get this in when I can. Thankfully after the time change it is still daylight when I leave work, so I'm not stumbling around in the dark.

I walk across town and hope on the A to head home.

Stopping by the grocery to pick up supplies for dinner.

And finally ending my night with the premiere of the new season of one of my favorite shows. Whew! Another day down.

6 Response to "12 of 12: Spring Special"