They've Lost It

I try to keep my "fanboy rage" off this website, even though I occasionally feel it.

That said... I predicted this months ago. And now...
"...Will Ferrell as a park ranger who explores a hidden land and meets dinosaurs, Sleestaks and other weird creatures, in the new Land of the Lost movie. He's kind of a slob, since apparently this scene ends with him tossing his cigarette butt and Cheetos bag in the lake. The reason Ferrell's scientist character is working as a park ranger (at the LaBrea Tar Pits) is because he assaulted disabled physics great Steven Hawking during an interview on Anderson Cooper 360. A young scientist, played by Anna Friel, approaches Ferrell at the Tar Pits and asks him to guide her (and his kids, for some reason) to the Land of the Lost."
Oh, for fuck's sake. It was a SERIOUS show people! Yes, it looks cheesy and odd now, but I defy you to find me a kid who wasn't scared by the Sleestak in their day. It had serious science fiction themes and dramatic storylines.

And Will Marshall would NEVER throw a Cheetos bag in a lake. (Or smoke for that matter.)

2 Response to "They've Lost It"

  • Anonymous Says:

    You mean Rick Marshall, and you're 100% right both about the show and the character. I had high hopes for this movie... all to be killed by a Cheetos bag.


  • Anonymous Says:

    I loved that show, It will be ruined for all time.

    Sleestaks scared the crap outta me, even when I saw the zipper in the back, sometime because of the zipper...