36

Today I am 36. I remember when that sounded SO old. In high school I could barely comprehend what it would be like to reach the year 2000. I'd be 28! What would I be doing, who would I be? My life is basically nothing like I expected. I would never have predicted correctly where I ended up.

I didn't see his first theatrical performance until I was 17. I didn't work in theatre for the first time until I was 23 or so. My original life's ambition was to be an illustrator.

I didn't visit New York City for the first time until I was 29. (I won't count driving through on 95.) I have no desire or conception of living here. In fact even when UConn sent me here for the internship that eventually led to moving here, I didn't think it would be permanent. I always figured I'd end up in Atlanta.

I wonder what mistaken preconceptions I am currently holding about the rest of my life?

4 Response to "36"