Canceled!

In April I was supposed to design a Shakespeare series in SoHo. It was canceled. There was a dispute between the director and producer that I wasn't privy to, but the end result is the show is dead.

In May I was supposed to design "Little Women" in Florida. It was postponed for a year while the theatre deals with a financial situation. I'm still on the books to design it, just in 2009.

In June I was supposed to design "Honk!" in Queens. It was canceled. I have no information other than a situation arose at the theatre and they had to cancel the show.

I'm glad I'm not freelancing anymore because if I was I'd be freaking the hell out right about now. The timing and fees for these shows would have been around two month's income for me back when I was freelancing and would have probably been what I was counting on the get me through May and June. Now I can just ride the wave and not sorry about it, chalking it up to bad luck and circumstance, a year ago I would have been in a tailspin for a day or two. What a difference a job makes.

1 Response to "Canceled!"