Both Geeky AND Gay

Can I just geek out for a minute here? First let me say that I acknowledge that this is really rather geeky. I also acknowledge that it is super-gay. But Saturday I was on the East Side doing some geocaching and I remembered that I was near one of the more famous fictitious addresses in Manhattan. Well... let me quantify this... famous if you are either A) a Broadway musical fan B) a fan of 50's comedy movies or 3) gay.

Just north of where the UN now stands is Beekman Place, one of the smallest streets in Manhattan being only two blocks long and home to some of the richest people in the city since it was first developed in the 30's after the Beekman Family moved away from their private estate at this address.

But none of that matters to me. What matters is who lived there. Or at least who lived there in the fictional world of movies and books: Auntie Mame. #3 Beekman place was the address of Mame Dennis and her collection of oddball friends, servants, and werido-hangers-on. In actuality there is no #3, the street numbering goes from 1 to 5, but this door is in the area where #3 should be. It is probably a maintenance door, but a little gay boy can dream can't he?

To make it even geekier I placed a geocache there while I was in the neighborhood. It hasn't been published yet, but I'm hoping that it will be slightly more popular than the puzzle caches that I've placed in the past, being as it is near a tourist area AND a famous address.

2 Response to "Both Geeky AND Gay"