Mac Haters

Why do some people have an irrational hatred of Macs? I mean... I understand that there are reasons not to like them, the closed operating systems, the inability to change component parts, etc. etc. blah blah. By why do people just hate the very mention of them? I had the admin of a network today throw up his hands and proclaim that it was my own problem that my "devil machine" couldn't access his wireless network. Nothing he could do about it. Macs "just aren't compatible."

Well... yes... that is true... in 1995. Macs have been seamlessly compatible with PC networks for years now, I have NEVER had any trouble getting on a wireless network that was anything beyond being given the wrong password or the like. It's patently ridiculous. But what it does mean is that I am back in the boat of having to drive 5 miles to get computer access. At least I bought my phone before I left, that helps quite a bit.

3 Response to "Mac Haters"

  • Anonymous Says:

    Hmmm.. I'll bet there are others up there with Macs as well, and it's a problem that is going to get solved sooner rather than later.

    Having fun yet?


  • Brett Says:

    I had problems with Macs accessing my home wireless network until I got an Apple router. I'm guessing your admin won't go for that.


  • Anonymous Says:

    I don't hate macs I hate the latte sipping wankers who buy them