I'm Rich!!

This morning Gothamist featured a link to a Dutch site geared towards raising money towards international poverty. It's a pretty ingenious site. By entering your own yearly income you can see where you sit in the global scheme of richest and poorest people in the world. The hope of the site is that by seeing where you fall you will realize that you have more money than you think, and that you will donate to their cause.

My income, as a freelancer in the arts, is barely above what the US Government defines as poverty, but by international standards I am in the top 10% of richest people in the world! There are 5,398,344,113 people in the world who make less money than me. If a global list was made I would be the 601,655,887th richest person in the world.

It does help to put things in perspective a bit.

Check out your own wealth!

1 Response to "I'm Rich!!"

  • Anonymous Says:

    i'm in the top 4.47% and i still don't have enough money to buy heating oil for the house! go figure!