Subway Sketches Part LVI


4 Response to "Subway Sketches Part LVI"

  • Anonymous Says:

    I believe that this one is my favorite sketch! It moves me somehow. I love it!!


  • Carolyn A. Pappas Says:

    Did she know you were drawing her? She looks proud of it.


  • Felicity Grace Says:

    This is really powerful - not sure what the right words are but I just want to keep looking at this.


  • Cully Says:

    Koukla... I'm not sure, she spent part of the time conversing with a female companion, and part of the time sort of staring into space in my general direction. She may have been aware of me, it was nearly midnight and the train was pretty empty.

    Felicity... Thanks for the kind words.

    For anyone else who is interested, my mom asked me about the hair sticking out of her hat, in actuality she had a scarf woven around her head and those are the tassels on the scarf sticking out in all directions. Maybe I didn't capture that properly in the sketch.